- Currently, each OPLIN email account has 1 GB of storage space. If you use OPLIN WebMail, you will be warned when you approach this limit. If you use an email client program (like Outlook or Thunderbird), it is a good idea to set the client to periodically delete retrieved messages from the OPLIN mail server. Accounts that exceed the storage limit will automatically lock and can only be unlocked by calling OPLIN support (1-888-966-7546) — or by emailing email@example.com from another email account.
- Email accounts not accessed in 3 months will be closed. Accounts not accessed in 6 months will be deleted. Closed accounts can be re-opened by calling OPLIN support (1-888-966-7546), or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from another email account.
- Email attachments are limited to 24 MB total per email, and 10 MB per file.
- OPLIN email is filtered to block spam. We currently use a Barracuda spam filtering device.
- OPLIN cannot make changes at the request of individual staff members; all changes must be requested by either the library director or the primary technical contact.
- If a library wants to use a domain name other than oplin.org, the email address will use your library's lib.oh.us domain name or any other domain name the library owns. OPLIN will not create a new domain for email, unless you make arrangements to purchase a new domain.
- If your library uses its own domain name rather than the oplin.org domain, you will receive emails sent to either your library's domain or to oplin.org; both addresses will work.
- If your library uses its own domain name rather than the oplin.org domain and you want to send mail with a "from" address using your library's domain, you must specify this email address or sending address manually in your email client or webmail settings, otherwise all email will appear to come from the oplin.org domain.
For additional information or support, please contact the OPLIN Support Center.