Policy on Public Library Use of OPLIN
Ohio Public Libraries connected to OPLIN must supply the following services to their communities:
- In-library use of all OPLIN-provided reference and information services.
- Access to the worldwide Internet.
- Access to the electronic "e-government" services of the State of Ohio.
Ohio Public Libraries connected to OPLIN may not use the Network to supply the following:
- Public e-mail accounts on the OPLIN server.
- Internet or Web services for which the library charges a fee.
- Any services that will cause degradation of OPLIN-provided services.
- Any obscene and illegal materials as defined in the Ohio Revised Code.
- Access to OPLIN-licensed databases to schools, local government or any other entity not covered by OPLIN licensing agreements.
Policy adopted by the OPLIN Board June 14, 1996
Revisions adopted May 11, 2001 and June 10, 2011